Terms, Conditions and Privacy
The-Entrance.TV Terms, Conditions and Privacy (as of the 01/08/2014) The-Entrance.TV
This is a summary only. For the complete list of the Terms and Conditions governing The-Entrance.TV, please scroll down. The-Entrance.TV is a community-based YouTube channel. By choosing to upload a video on to The-Entrance.TV you have agreed to the complete list of Terms and Conditions found here. Summary:
The-Entrance-TV is open to all ages, and any individual or business located in The Entrance Township municipality or anyone with an interest in The Entrance Township municipality can become a ‘User’ and upload videos. If the ‘User’ is under 18 years of age they may need to provide The-Entrance.TV with consent from a parent or legal guardian. Any video that is uploaded becomes the property of the The-Entrance.TV, and can be edited and used in promotional campaigns in the future. Any information gathered by the The-Entrance.TV during the video uploading process will be dealt with in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. The-Entrance.TV reserves the right to reject and/or takedown any video that is not consistent with the full list of Terms and Conditions found here.
Video Content Summary:
Videos must not contain anything considered to be:
politically motivated and/or
Videos which contain such content will be rejected immediately, without question.
1. “The-Entrance.TV” means a community-based YouTube channel, facilitated by The-Entrance.TV, 1/85 Toowoon Bay Road, Toowoon Bay NSW, 2261.
2. “User” means the party entering into this Agreement as a user of The-Entrance.TV and its associated YouTube channel by way of creating, commissioning, and/or uploading videos.
3. Information on how to upload a video on The-Entrance.TV forms part of the Terms and Conditions of use. Uploading a video on The-Entrance.TV is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Failure by The-Entrance.TV to enforce any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Uploading a video is open to any individual or business located within The Entrance Township municipality or anyone with an interest in The Entrance Township municipality, and is open to all ages, unless otherwise permitted by The-Entrance.TV (this may include individuals or businesses that are not located in The Entrance Township municipality).
6. Videos that are uploaded must to be filmed within or about The Entrance Township municipality, unless The-Entrance.TV permits to the contrary.
7. The-Entrance.TV reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of videos and personal details concerning the User and have the ability to remove any video whose content is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
8. To upload, users must register on The-Entrance.TV website and can be viewed on the The-Entrance.TV YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/theentrancetv
9. Users aged under 18 years of age can only submit their video with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. The-Entrance.TV reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian to confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions.
10. After uploading, the user will be sent an email confirming whether their video has been approved or rejected. If the video is approved, it will appear on the The-Entrance.TV YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/theentrancetv The user’s details will not be published on any occasion, unless it is part of the video’s title (at the discretion of the User).
11. Uploads that are incomplete, indecipherable, or illegal in nature will be rejected. The-Entrance.TV reserves the right to reject any video where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at The-Entrance.TV absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into. Videos that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, contain objectionable content or otherwise inappropriate will be rejected. The-Entrance.TV, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to notify relevant authorities including but not limited to law enforcement bodies and provide them with the objectionable content and the User’s personal information.
12. Videos which communicate messages or imagery that does not portray The Entrance Township municipality in a positive light (at the discretion of The-Entrance.TV) will be rejected.
13. Videos cannot be used to portray the User’s political persuasion and/or bias. If a video is deemed, by The-Entrance.TV, to be of this nature it will be rejected.
14. If the User uploads a video that contains images of an alcoholic beverage, including the consumption of an alcoholic beverage, they must present it in a mature, balanced and responsible manner, therefore it must not encourage excessive consumption or abuse, and must not encourage under-age drinking. For further guidance on what is acceptable for images containing alcoholic beverages, please refer to the Alcohol Beverages Advertising code available from www.abac.org.au. Whether or not a video complies with this paragraph shall be determined by The-Entrance.TV at its sole discretion.
15. Videos must be uploaded along with the User’s full name, phone number, postal address, and email address.
16. Users must upload their video via the The-Entrance.TV website, unless otherwise arranged with The-Entrance.TV (see clause 17).
17. Videos can be uploaded to The-Entrance.TV; however The-Entrance.TV cannot guarantee a timely upload.
18. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the User warrants to The-Entrance.TV that: a) each video submitted by the User is an original artistic work and does not infringe on the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights; and b) Users must ensure they have the necessary model and/or property permission as required, and may be requested to provide written evidence of these signed documents. Failure to provide such documentation could result in the User’s video being rejected. The User agrees to indemnify The-Entrance.TV against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of these warranties.
19. It is the User’s responsibility to obtain permission from people who appear in ‘close-up’ in the video. Permission forms can be obtained from The-Entrance.TV
20. As a condition of using The-Entrance.TV, all Users grant The-Entrance.TV the right to use their video/s in any promotional material, which is royalty free. This usage includes but is not limited to any media including: banners, signage, posters, magazines, television, internet, DVD, MMS, cinema or other digital formats.
21. The User, as a condition of using The Entrance TV, accepts that all videos become the property of The-Entrance.TV and recognition of the videos creator cannot be guaranteed.
22. Due regard will be given to the preservation of the artistic integrity of the works. The-Entrance.TV will not demean any uploaded videos in any way. However, The-Entrance.TV does retain the right to edit videos for reproduction processes.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, The-Entrance.TV (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of creating a video intended for upload on The-Entrance.TV, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following; a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunctions (whether or not under the The-Entrance.TV’s control), b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference, c) any video that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by The-Entrance.TV) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of The-Entrance.TV.